The Ebon Reach's Back Alley Brawl {April 8th @ 5pm}

Jens Ixchel

The Ebon Reach's Back Alley Brawl {April 8th @ 5pm}

Postby Jens Ixchel » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Ebon Reach's Pit Fights
Friday, April 8th at 5pm
At the Pits

What is this event?
Pit Fights in the Ebon Reach! Come and test your metal against the best fighters in the realm... Or come watch and bet your items on the fighters. Special Dice Combat system designed by yours truly. Unarmed one on one brawls. The first round of a championship Bracket!

Who is invited?
Everyone!

What should you wear?
Participants should wear tight fitting clothing or nothing.
Spectators... whatever they like... or nothing

What is going to happen?
A shady merchant will be selling strange wares to give the spectators a little something.. more.. to interest and entertain them.. beyond blood! As the Pit fight's will promise a lot of it!

One on One combat in the pit. Brawler style fighting. Natural weapons only. Dice combat based on my mechanics. (NC's on mechanics available on request)

The first round will be random opponents. They will be tracked and bracketed up to a champion. People will then fight for the right to challenge for the title.

Dice Combat Mechanics are as follows:
Players roll for first attack. Highest attacks first.

Turns will look like this:

Fighter A: Attack Roll, Post
  • Fighter B: Defend Roll
  • Pit Boss: Announces hit points
  • Fighter B: Attack Roll, Post
  • Fighter A: Defend Roll
  • Pit Boss: Announces hit points.

Rolls for Blocks or dodges:

• Full Block/Dodge: 100-90 Reduce attackers roll by 40
  • Partial Block/Dodge: 89-50 Reduce attackers roll by 20
  • Poor Block/Dodge: 49-10 Reduce attackers roll by 10
  • No Block/Dodge: 9-0 Reduce attackers roll by 0

Rolls for attacks:

• Critical Hits 100-90 -3 Hp
  • Hits 89-60 -2 Hp
  • Glancing blows 59-30 -1 Hp
  • Misses 29-10 0 Hp
  • Critical Misses 9-0 Attacker losses 1 Hp

SUGGESTIONS on Injuries and reactions!
  • Critical Hit - 100-90 - A Critical Hit is capable of serious injury, such as Major broken bones, internal bleeding, large open wounds, concussions, and in the case of victory - outright KO.
  • Normal Hit - 89-60 - A Normal Hit is capable of moderate injury, such as Minor broken bones and fractures, serious bruising, deep cuts, and disorientation.
    Glancing Blow - 59-30 - a Glancing blow only inflicts minor injury, such as bruising, minor cuts, and pain.
  • Normal Miss - 29-10 - A Normal Miss is an attack that deals no damage, whether by dodging, blocking, parrying, outright missing, or by the defender simply absorbing the blow.
  • Critical Miss - 9-0 - A Critical Miss is the rare attack that backfires or fails spectacularly, where the attacker themselves are harmed equivalent to a glancing blow.

Who should you contact with questions?
Hikari (Tenmeihikari Resident)
►Prince Eternal of Ebon Reach, Mentor and Event Coordinator◄
Annie
Site Admin

Re: The Ebon Reach's Pit Fights! {Dec 5 @ 4pm}

Postby Annie » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:26 pm

YAAASSSSS! Dangit I'll be in Sweden during this event, wish I could attend!
Jens Ixchel

/FEED BACK THREAD/ Back Ally Brawl Debute Event {12/05}

Postby Jens Ixchel » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Feed Back Thread Rules:
  • Praise and compliments always appreciated.
  • Comments on times and dates are appreciated as they can help with the scheduling of future events.
  • Criticism is only acceptable when constructive.
    Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome.
  • Flaming and other forms of negative comments will not be accepted.
    Flaming is an abuse technique that uses hostile and insulting interactions to bully others, and often involves the use of profanity.

This thread is for the Feed Back of the Back Alley Brawl event, hosted by Botis, on Saturday, December 5th at 4pm.

Full event info can be seen here:
viewtopic.php?f=50&p=7177#p7177
Last edited by Jens Ixchel on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sy'kirra

Re: Back Ally Brawl Debute Event FEEDBACK! {12/05}

Postby Sy'kirra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:38 pm

1. I LOVED the event.

2. I LOVED the combat system.

3. I LOVED the mysterious Merchant, even if I didn't get to interact.

4. I want MOAR. More Pit Fights, and more ER events open to all.

Suggestions:

1. Perhaps some IC incentive for fighting? Rewards (cash or prizes) for those who win? It might give more people a reason other than wanting to beat the shite out of people to be involved.

2. Consider the ability to place bets on fighters as a way to get the spectators more involved. I want to see people rooting for and against people openly. Bets (even if for imaginary trade items) give people a reason to be invested in a fighter. It might also get people rooting for people they otherwise don't like if that fighter looks like a clear winner.

3. Pit Fight ONLY Dice Roll bonuses for fighters who win. Each fight you win in a row without a knock-out gives you a specific bonus to rolls. All bonuses are lost when a fighter takes a loss in the pit, and they have to start over.
Xunfryn

Re: Back Ally Brawl Debute Event FEEDBACK! {12/05}

Postby Xunfryn » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:00 am

Sy'kirra wrote:1. Perhaps some IC incentive for fighting? Rewards (cash or prizes) for those who win? It might give more people a reason other than wanting to beat the shite out of people to be involved.
I love this idea. Maybe fighters can win special titles they keep until the next event along with a valuable prize.

Sy'kirra wrote:2. Consider the ability to place bets on fighters as a way to get the spectators more involved. I want to see people rooting for and against people openly. Bets (even if for imaginary trade items) give people a reason to be invested in a fighter. It might also get people rooting for people they otherwise don't like if that fighter looks like a clear winner.
Yes! The Back Alley needs a to hire a bookie for bets.
Jens Ixchel

Back Alley Brawl - Saturday, January 16 at 4pm!

Postby Jens Ixchel » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 am

Next Back Alley Brawl will be on January 16 at 4pm!
Jens Ixchel

Re: The Ebon Reach's Back Alley Brawl {April 8th @ 5pm}

Postby Jens Ixchel » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:49 pm

New Back Alley Brawl will be Friday, April 8th at 5pm

Return to “Reoccurring Eyr Events”