Eel mer possess the torso of a humanoid, but from the waist down have the elongated, smooth, scaleless tail of an eel. Natural predators, eel mer hunt the reefs and shelves on which they live. They often burrow into the sand, erupting from their sleep to hunt. With sharp teeth, a strong bite, and a lean muscular body, eel mer are a force to contend with. They are shy and reclusive, but have a curiosity that sometimes belies their cautious nature.
- Eel mer are strong and athletic possessing 1.5 times the strength of a human in mer form.
- Eel mer are excellent hunters with sharp teeth and a strong bite capable of inflicting damage.
- Eel mer have an excellent sense of taste and smell, making them effective poison detectors.
- Eel mer can live up to 500 years.
- Eel mer have poor eyesight.
- When on land in merform, eel mer dry out quickly and become incapacitated and weak in only a few hours.
Eel Mer can take on a humanoid landform once daily, with the following guidelines:
- You only get two forms: Your Mer Form and a Land Form. The Land Form may have fins, scales, and other vestiges of merfolk heritage if you choose.
- Please do not abuse this privilege by shifting too frequently.
- We ask that you use at least two post rounds to complete your character's shift. Your character's shift can be interrupted, and we ask every other shapeshifting character race to use more than one post round to accomplish a shift. You should as well.
- Merfolk are water dwellers, and are at their best in the water- take this into consideration. Eel mer are extremely weak and vulnerable on land, lacking their natural strength which reduces to that of a normal human. Spells cast in landform will reflect this weakness and will not be as effective.