Tritons are massive hunky merfolk with egos to match. Current Tritons like to boast of being able to trace their lineage back to the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite but, then again, Tritons like to boast of many things. Legend says that once there were both male and female Tritons, however, there are no known female Tritons today, and have not been since Tritea.
Tritons are very large and muscled in appearance, often making everyone around them seem smaller. Their colors tend to be bold, striking, catching the eyes of all around.Their features are chiseled the presence they carry is commanding.
Incredibly charming, females beware, these males are masters of making you believe what they want you to. They are lean, mean aggressive machines. When they come to town it can often prove problematic. They take what they want, much like the sea sirens. Tritons are terribly strong and stopping them from getting what they want is nearly impossible. Tritons are proud, arrogant, noble, valiant, and at times even romantic.
Tritons are a force of presence in and of their own right, and will often overtake a room with the size of their personality. They prefer to be liked and admired, and value Beauty, Honor, Valor, Strength, Prowess, and Sexual Conquest. They’re overall quite vain, though that vanity is hardly without justification. Though it also makes them easier to manipulate.
As legendary as their ego is their temper. Tritons are not easily cowed. Though they are rarely rude when provoked their tempers can be quick and brutal. Many a Triton struggles to keep his temper in check, and legends abound of a wise and temperate Triton ruler suddenly going on a destructive rampage as the result of an apparently minor insult.
The mistake many people make is to presume these traits indicate a lack of intelligence or wisdom. Many a triton is a perfectly capable ruler or thinker; even though their obvious physical attributes and personality lend them to more militaristic pursuits.
- Tritons can briefly hypnotize with their gaze if eye contact is maintained for 2 posts.
- Their strength is 2x that of a human male.
- They generally have a knack for strategy and battle tactics and thus make brilliant fighters and guards.
- Their dashing good looks and charm have a potent effect on various races.
- Their life expectancy is up to 800 years.
- Because of their inflated egos and overconfidence they can be easily manipulated and provoked to act rashly.
- Due to their massive size they are not agile. Their cumbersome body mass makes them considerably slower than mer of smaller size, or landers lacking such bulk and mass..
- The longer they are out of the water, the weaker they become, strengths becoming roughly halved per 2 hours they are out of the water, a maximum of 8 hours out of the water.
- Tritons are particularly susceptible to illusory and enchanting magics.
- Tritons have particularly short fuses and are likely to lose their temper easily. When they do, they tend to behave less rationally and fight more blindly than when they are cool and collected.
Tritons can take on a humanoid landform once daily, with the following guidelines:
- You only get two forms: Your Mer Form and a Land Form. The Land Form may have fins, scales, and other vestiges of merfolk heritage if you choose.
- Your character may shift unlimited times per day. Once into legs, and once into tail. Please do not abuse this privilege by shifting too frequently.
- We ask that you use at least two post rounds to complete your character's shift. Your character's shift can be interrupted, and we ask every other shapeshifting character race to use more than one post round to accomplish a shift. You should as well.
- Merfolk are water dwellers, and are at their best in the water- take this into consideration. Tritons do maintain superior strength in land from, 1.5 times that of a human male, and are able to fight, but are not as strong nor as agile in humanoid form. Spells cast in landform will reflect this weakness and will not be as effective.