If you are interested in applying for a job at the Night Cap, find the lead (listed below - if no lead is listed, contact an admin) and roleplay with them! That is the best way that they will know if you won't smoke all the profits!
As you pass through the cavern tunnel festooned with beading strands of bioluminescence, you come upon the entrance to a glowing womb-like environment. A cobbled wooden sign swings above your head, reading “Welcome to the Night Cap”. Beneath your feet, the ground feels foam-like and squishes with each step. The walls, floors and ceiling of this cavern feel entirely alive, not the way an animal feels alive, but rather, organic.
Luminescent pores dot the softly ridged cavern walls, and around you rises a grand forest of mushroom trees and fungal wisps. Everything surrounding you pulses gently with life. To either side, deeper impressions in the floor are filled with clear, cerulean fluid that blubs and ripples occasionally, while lively motes ebb and glow upon the liquid surface. The temperature is comfortable, not too hot, nor too cool and the damp air hangs patiently still.
Before you stands an inviting bar, and tavern tables, but unlike anything in a human village. Entirely organic, and grown into their current shape, they are living mushrooms, and upon the cap-shelves are jars, bottles, baskets and containers of various mushrooms, as well as cannabis, opium poppies, coca leaves and other exotic ways to enjoy a break from reality. Up the cascade of shelf-fungus stairs is a large platform, seemingly growing right out of the wall, with pillows, tables and hookah pipes, inviting you to relax. And ahead of you, behind the bar with beady eyes, a broad speckled cap, and a gentle smile stands a Myconid, ready to take your order.
The Night Cap
Established by the seldom-seen but ever-present Myconid people, the Night Cap has been doing a quiet and tidy business within the Myconid Caverns of Ohm Peak for nearly a century. Offering up sensory delights, relaxation, and psychedelic journeys, the Night Cap is a much-sought-after destination for those both bold and experimental.
Nobody knows the mushroom kingdom as expertly as a Myconid; all Myconid people are able to easily identify thousands of individual mushroom and fungus types, their properties, and idiosyncrasies. How do they do it? They just ask! Using a method called ‘spore rapport’ Myconids transmit vast amounts of information through bursts of spore clouds, thus enabling communication between Myconids and any particular fungus. What is this strange mushroom growing? Pick up a hint of its spores and you have an encyclopedia of knowledge about it in a matter of seconds.
Capitalizing upon this knowledge, Myconids have for hundreds of years been peddling mushrooms of all sorts: those that heal, those that kill, and those that induce euphoria or psychedelia, in return for traded goods that appeal to a Myconid’s needs or fancies. Thusly, under the direction of an enterprising Myconid, the Night Cap was born.
A wide variety of edibles, smokables, drinkables, inhalants and refreshments can be bartered for or bought by coin at the Night Cap. There is no business in currency at the bar, and as with nearly every transaction in the jungle, TRADE is the method of choice. What the Night Cap will accept is a matter of debate and can vary from tender to tender, or what the owner is in need of. Trading is generally for food, forageables, weapons, valuable substances, decorative crafts and jewelry, tools, and services. An item’s value is merely what someone is willing to give up for it, and what one is willing to give it up for. Myconids tend to love a good barter, and generally judge those who do not barter as fools.
Blended Mushroom Drink Specials
Intricately flavored with local fruits and herbs. Note: dark chocolate consumption heightens potency of the mushrooms' effects.
- Liberty Cap Tincture, served as an infusion of Rambutan fruit wine
- The benefits of the Rambutan are many: cures fatigue and dizziness, treats dysentery and chronic fever, boosts energy and immunity, strengthens bones and will make your skin look better; elements in the fruit aid in the repair of body tissue. Also good for pain relief such as headaches.
- Drink Effects include: altered time perception, mild auditory, visual and tactile hallucinations (enhancement or changes in color perception, auras, visual clarity, distortions of surface textures, tactile sensation of melting or blending, increased auditory clarity, phenomena such as hearing color or tasting sound may also occur); everything experienced may seem more intense, including emotions; greater empathy and emotional awareness/ insight
- Gold Cap Tea, infused with herbs, either ginger or neem.
- Sweet neem flowers, jasmine scented - reduces anxiety.
- Ginger oil, spiced flavor - prevents infection and improves immunity.
- The mushroom/herb combination is good for treatment of headaches and acts as a mild hallucinogen
- Drink Effects include: altered time perception, moderate to strong auditory, visual and tactile hallucinations (enhancement or changes in color perception, auras, visual clarity, distortions of surface textures, tactile sensation of melting or blending, increased auditory clarity, phenomena such as hearing color or tasting sound may also occur); everything experienced may seem more intense, including emotions.
- Night Cap Decoction, served with birds foot leaves or flowers
- Bird’s foot promotes digestion, respiration and general health
- Drink Effects include: altered time perception, severe or intense auditory, visual and tactile hallucinations (enhancement or changes in color perception, auras, visual clarity, distortions of surface textures, tactile sensation of melting or blending, increased auditory clarity, phenomena such as hearing color or tasting sound may also occur); everything experienced may seem more intense, including emotions.
Liquor-based Beverages, pain killers, & energy drinks
- Jungle Torch: A vine like succulent is macerated and distilled with Rambutan liquor, mead or bamboo liquor. The resultant sweet drink induces effects similar to the Liberty Cap tincture.
- Lotus Tincture, Served as a tinctured flower added to Mead or Black Rum
- Drink Effects: mainly an aphrodisiac; when prepared as a tea the flowers produce a thick, gold/clear liquid that reminds one of melted amber.
- The liquid is ever-so-slightly sweet and upon being consumed creates a warm, euphoric glow.
- Served warm: the flaming pixie
- Served cold: the carte Blanche
- Laudanum, tincture of opium, serves as a pain killer. Opium is also available for smoking. Additional effects include euphoria and drowsiness
- Black Ichor of Life: brewed from the cocoa bean, it’s coffee plain and simple, or is it?
- The brew is blended with a decoction (or maceration infused) of Caimito (Bobi wata) bark, that acts as a tonic and a stimulant. Basically the strength of several espresso shots.
- Drink Effects include: a moderate to high dose stimulant
"Spiritual Well-Being" Specials
- The Dream Waves Tea, wavy cap mushroom mixed with gotu kola and dream root
- Gotu kola (pennywort) - is known to improve immune system function, relieve anxiety and stress, cure insomnia and act as an anti-inflammatory
- The Yage Brew, Ayahuasca bark decoction mixed with whiskey
Wavy Caps are the mushroom preferred for shamanistic rituals. Rich with traditional ceremony and stringent rules, the goal is the expansion of the consciousness. Used in the outdoors, perhaps in combination with a bathing ritual. With the offering of incense, tribute, prayer, music and altar. Added rituals of abstinence or fasting may accompany such a ritual. The Yage Brew is used for guided spiritual revelations while awake.
An alternative to the lengthier rituals, is simply to use a lesser dose of the Dream Waves Tea for actual prophetic dream inducement. The gotu kola and root is mixed with juice and consumed with the mushrooms. The wavy cap mushrooms and root effects usually manifest during sleep as prophetic lucid dream states that are rich with significance. Individuals do not usually perceive any effects in the waking state. The dream state is often compared to going under water by the Sum’ei’ans. It is said that if one keeps a question in mind before going to bed, one of the ancestors will appear in a dream and provide an answer.
Relaxation, drowsiness, and warmth with a high that is full-body and can be mildly hallucinogenic. Its most universal effect is as an euphoric, the user having a feeling of well-being and exaltation. Indica is prized for evening use, as it is deeply relaxing and creates more of a ‘body’ high than a cerebral high, relaxing away body tensions and pain as well as increasing appetite.
Uplifted and energetic with a high that is cerebral, spacey or mildly hallucinogenic - often inducing fits of giggles and giddiness. Sativa is great for daytime use, and embarking on creative tasks or thoughts. Helps to reduce anxiety and improves mood.
Provide a unique blend of both traits of the Indica and Sativa plants, offering both full-body relaxation and pain relief, while also creating mental alertness and a surge of focus and creativity.
See Foragables & Game for seasonal selections.