- What about Mystara Tokens? We will honor Mystara Tokens. Tokens earned in Mystara can be applied to Eyr Token Shop Items.
- Mystara Token Prizes. Some prizes that were distributed in Mystara can be used here in Eyr. If you have one of these items, check with an admin and we can work with you to either accommodate the item or replace it with one of the new offerings if needed. Mystara Dice Bonuses, for example, can be used in Mysts of Eyr but should be swapped for the newer version in use here.
- Can I give my Tokens to Another Player? No. Token themselves are a reward that are tied to the specific Player. They cannot be combined, pooled, or gifted away. The actual item actually contains your logon ‘key’ in the scripted item announcing the gift.
- Can I Pass Tokens Between Alts? Technically No. You cannot as the Token Award Object is non-transferable. However, Tokens are tied to the player’s efforts and not the character. If you can prove that your alts are the same you can pool each account’s tokens for a purchase. You will need to work with an admin – and Proof is required.
- Can I Pass my Rewards Between my PC’s? Example: Once unpacked, I have a virtual “Cloak of Invisibility.” Can I pass it between my two alts? The answer to this is no, simply for the sake of fairness. Once unpacked, rewards should be tied to your chosen character. For example, if you purchased an epic dice +5 roll for a skillset - it should be used by only one of your characters; you could not use that same bonus on all your characters.
- When do Tokens “go live?” October 1 Tokens Go Live. Deeds, Services, rankings – anything you do from this point forward can be used toward earning Tokens.
- Retroactive Earnings. Can I go back to claim past Achievements? We appreciate those that have worked so hard toward to creating role play and contributing toward Eyr’s success. You know who you are and we recognize this. But it creates a dilemma. We want to keep this as fair as possible while still showing our appreciation. We also only wish to reward players who are currently active. For this purpose we have set aside two ‘exceptions’ which allow currently active players to claim achievements earned prior to September 25, 2016. With both of these exceptions - you may be able to earn up to a total of Two (2) tokens for past achievements.
- Leads/Apps/Mentors that are currently active and on sim as of this date (09/25/2016) and have been in the position more than 30 days can retroactively apply for the “Become a Leader/Mentor Achievement.”
- Titled Players: Those who have achieved one of the following Moe Titles of Recognition: Renowned, Notorious, Prestigious.
We are asking that everyone submit for their “Retroactive” achievement earnings by October 9, 2016. That gives players two weeks to submit the MoE Player Token Request Form for your past achievements.
- Are all the Token Shop items virtual or are some of them actual items? At present, most of the items are virtual. For example, if you purchase a mithril ingot, you will not receive an actual mithril ingot object. Instead you will receive the ‘token package’ which when rezzed announces that your item is now ‘in play.’ An item such as this would likely be rezzed in the presence of someone from the Molten Crucible so that the object could be crafted. With each item there are instructions – and you can always find instructions on the website.
- What are the actual Token Prizes? Things my Avi can wear or use visibly?: Cloak of Invisibility, Glowstone Amulet, Bag of Holding, Magic Scroll, Mask of Ancients, and of course, Eyr Schwag items (calendar or coffee mug) - There are plans to gradually make all of these as actual items, but they are under development now. If you purchase one of these items and a subsequent item is made available later, we will provide you with the updated object.
- Can I trust Fairness and Consistency in how Tokens are Earned? Yes, as best we are able, we will strive to be fair. Proof is required, and time in service is needed for many of the items. In Mystara, we had a forum record that was updated with token information – who earned what and when. I am not going to do this route unless it becomes a driving player issue. I thought this thread in the past brought about as much harm as good with players pointing out issues and perceived discrepancies.
- How can I tell if my Token is Official? That it is Valid? Only Eyr Admins are allowed to transfer them to players who have rightfully earned them. Official tokens are no modify/no copy and the named creator is Zelest Fall. The transferring of tokens is only permitted when trading them in exchange for rewards. Anyone caught trying to duplicate/spend unofficial tokens will be denied the requested item and excluded from token system altogether.
- How soon will I get my Token once I’ve requested? We are striving to have a 72-hour turnaround time for validating submissions and awarding the token. If you have not heard back, feel free to contact an admin on this matter.
- How soon will I get my Token Shop Item? Answer is not so straightforward with this one.
- Schwag items: the time lapse could be two weeks or even more if international mail is required.
- Controlled and Restricted Substances: Generally a 72-hour turnaround.
- Dice Bonuses. Generally a 72-hour turnaround.
- Character Rewards: Arrangements will need to be discussed and put into place as soon as possible. (custom character, for example, will need to be apped/approved).
- Special and Exclusive Items. As quickly as possible. Generally 72 hours. All are no transfer and no copy and created exclusively for MoE!
Here at Eyr we are always looking for exciting, unique and innovative ways to reward players whilst boosting morale, showing support and encouraging the input and involvement of all our members. Back in Mystara, the creation of the Token Achievement system was a first for Roleplay in Second Life - a unique system enabling players to earn significant rewards and privileges in honor of their contributions to RP and support of the community. We are both pleased and excited to re-introduce the Token system to the Eyr community!
Important note: Tokens will never be achievable through Linden Dollar purchase nor will they be achievable through sim donations.
That sounds awesome! How does the system work?
The system works like prize strips in an arcade - where for every game you win, you get a strip you can spend on a prize. By playing lots of games and winning lots of strips you can save up for bigger and better prizes! In Eyr we have tokens and to win a token you must first unlock an achievement. The more achievements you unlock, the more tokens you win - the more tokens you have, the more rewards you can have or if save them up, the bigger prize you can claim!
So what are these Achievements and how can I unlock them?
Achievements are a collection of tasks and actions that help create RP, support the sim and generally benefit the Eyr Community both in and out of character!
There are many fun and exciting ways to unlock achievements and earn tokens; some ways simpler than others, yet each are designed to encourage players to contribute and support the Eyr community both in and out of character and by doing so, earn special items and privileges that can only enhance RP further!
Check the list HERE for current achievements to unlock, paying attention to the conditions bound to each. The list will be reviewed and updated regularly and we are open to fresh ideas on new achievements! Any questions or feedback feel free to contact an admin!
That sounds great! So what rewards can I spend my earned tokens on?
We have provided many exciting options to choose from! Check the list here for rewards you can purchase.
That list is inspired! How do I claim my tokens?
- There is a simple process to follow in order to safely receive the tokens deserved for your successful achievements!
- Ensure you have completed an achievement task entirely, meeting all the conditions laid out in the achievement terms and conditions - recording evidence wherever possible!
- Complete the online Token Request Form available for all players to self-nominate where they feel they have successfully completed an achievement and unlocked access to tokens, with opportunity to present any supporting evidence where applicable.
- Once per month, group leaders are also able to nominate up to three members of their group for special service nomination to acknowledge and reward those players they feel have most contributed/benefitted their group through a variety of mediums. Nominations are made via a separate Leader’s Token Nomination Form and will be reviewed by the admin team on a weekly basis.
- Providing all the criteria is met, you will be passed over your official Eyr Token(s) by one of the designated Admins as soon as possible. Please note that time may be needed for the admin team to verify that all achievement conditions have been met before the token(s) can be awarded. If have not been contacted by an admin within 72 hours, please contact one of the team. Token awarding will ideally be done when you, the player, is online - this will help avoid 'lost or missing' tokens.
Quick! How do I spend my tokens and claim my rewards?
- When you have enough tokens to spend upon the listed reward of your choice, simply complete the online Token Spend Request Form, ensuring you give all required information.
- If successfully submitted the form will be delivered to the Eyr admin team and the request assigned to a specific admin equipped to deal with the request and they should contact you within the week to arrange collection of your tokens, check validity where needed and delivery/set up of your chosen reward!
- Any remaining tokens you have can be spent on alternate rewards (can apply for multiple rewards upon the same request submission) or saved up to put toward future rewards.
- Record of your token spending will be logged by the admin team.