Table of Contents
|Dwarves||Elves||Genies||Gnomes||Tip:||Use||Ctrl+F to quick search!|
|Greenskins||Humans||Merfolk||Mystfolk: Equine Folk||༄||=||Aquatic Races|
|Mystfolk: Fairies||Mystfolk: Fauna Folk||Mystfolk: Flora Folk||Mystfolk: Nymphs||༅||=||Anthropomorphic Races|
|Mystfolk: Sidhe||Miscellaneous||Approved Half-Breeds||༆||=||Half-Human Allowed|
|࿅||=||Approved for Half-Mystfolk/ Half-Human|
Anything not on the playable or application list.
- Furries of ANY kind.
- Neko of any kind (i.e. human form with animal parts stuck on like ears and tail)
- Aliens, Sci-Fi, Time travelers, Robotic, Steampunk / Gears, Lovecraftian monsters
- Creatures/Characters that are published/copywritten or Historical Figures. i.e. Sauron, Wolverine, Ezio, George Washington. This also includes close imitations of such.
- Cartoonish characters or beasts. No anime / chibi / cutesy looking avatars.
- Implausible Cross Breeds ( i.e. fairy-octopus, human-panda)
- Massive, gigantic overpowered goliaths/leviathans/juggernauts. Macro avatars are used as NPCs only in Eyr unless you play a dragon. We define macro avatars as anything over 10 feet. Lycans, Minotaurs, Trolls and other such creatures can't exceed that height.
REQUIRES CHARACTER APPLICATION
- Shapeshifters: Shapeshifter Application
- Playable Races (listed below) can apply to shapeshift into another form.
- Undead: Undead Standard Application | Mysts of Eyr Undead Lore & Rules**
- All Playable Races (listed below) can apply to become Undead EXCEPT Demons, Celestials, & Hellhounds
Any character which does not adhere to the approved races, lore, rules, or capabilities would be considered a custom character. Custom characters must be approved by admins and purchased with tokens before they can be played.
To learn more about Tokens, click HERE.
To complete the Custom Character Application (and to have it reviewed by the Admin Team), click HERE.
♦ PLAYABLE (NO APPLICATION REQUIRED)
Important Note: The links to Wikipedia and D&D are for your character-building reference only. All Eyr rules and information in Eyr pages trump outside sources. This means: research your race carefully, always adhere to Eyr rules. If you are unsure of something, simply ask an admin.
- Arctic Dwarf: Mysts of Eyr
- Duergar: Mysts of Eyr
- Hill Dwarf (Gold Dwarf): Mysts of Eyr
- Mountain Dwarf (Shield Dwarf): Mysts of Eyr
- Jungle Dwarf: Mysts of Eyr
- Dark Elf: Mysts of Eyr
- Dune Elf: Mysts of Eyr
- Drow: Mysts of Eyr, Forgotten Realms, D&D 3.5, Wikipedia
- Jungle Elf: ༀ: Mysts of Eyr
- Moon Elf (Silver Elf): Mysts of Eyr
- Star Elf (Mithral Elf): Mysts of Eyr
- Sun Elf (Gold Elf): Mysts of Eyr
- Wood Elf (Wild Elf): Mysts of Eyr
- Dao: Forgotten Realms
- Djinn: Forgotten Realms
- Efreet: Forgotten Realms
- Marid ༄: Dungeons & Dragons
- Jann: Forgotten Realms
- Khayal: Forgotten Realms
- Qorrash ༄: Forgotten Realms
- Tasked Genies: Forgotten Realms
- Deep Gnomes (Svirfneblin): Mysts of Eyr
- Forest Gnomes: Mysts of Eyr
- Rock Gnomes: Mysts of Eyr
Greenskins: Mysts of Eyr
- Kobolds ༅: Mysts of Eyr
- Ogres: Mysts of Eyr, D&D 3.5, Wikipedia
- Humans of all races (asian, black, middle eastern, caucasian, etc): Mysts of Eyr, D&D 3.5, Wikipedia
- Genasi (elemental plane-touched human; Air, Earth, Fire, Water/Ice ༄, Storm/Lightning): Mysts of Eyr, Forgotten Realms, Wikipedia
All of the following Myst of Eyr Merfolk subraces can shift into a Human Form and walk on land. No Shifters Application is required.
- Eel Mer ༄: Mysts of Eyr
- Jellyfish Mer ༄: Mysts of Eyr
- Octomer ༄: Mysts of Eyr
- Ray Mer ༄: Mysts of Eyr
Mystfolk: Mysts of Eyr
- Ipotane (Ippanthropos, horse satyr)
- Pega-corn and Pega-corn-satyr
- Pegasus and Pegasus-satyr
- Pegasus-centaur (winged centaur, pega-taur)
- Unicorns and Unicorn-satyr (demicorn)
- Pega-centa-corns (winged, horned centaur)
- Unicorn-centaur (horned centaur, uni-taur)
Bauchan/ Buckawn: Wikipedia
Fairies ༆ ࿅: Wikipedia
- Demicorn ༆ ࿅
- Ipotane ༆ ࿅: (can be pegasus ipotanes, unicorn ipotanes(demicorns), or normal ipotanes) Wikipedia
- Kelpie: (limited to horse avatars) Wikipedia
- Korred: Forgotten Realms
- Unicorn: Wikipedia
- Thorn: Forgotten Realms
- Tinderlings (currently, only Cerridwen's Cauldron avatars are preapproved. If you have another avatar you'd like to use, see an admin for approval)
- Hamadryads (specific trees)
- Hyleoroi (“watchers of the woods”)
- Anthousai (flowers, plants)
- Alseids (glens, groves)
- Auloniads (pastures)
- Leimakids (meadows)
- Napaeae (Mountain valleys)
- Oreads ༄ (Mountains, grottos)
Water Nymphs ༄
- Haliae ༄ (sea and seashores)
- Naiads ༄ (fresh water)
- Oceanids ༄ (Nondescript, not specifically daughters of Oceanus-saltwater, oceans)
- Weather Nymphs
- Aurae (Breezes)
- Nephele (Clouds)
- Daoine Sidhe ༆ ࿅: Wikipedia (used here as a nondescript sidhe option)
- Dullahan: Wikipedia
- Fear Dearg (Far Darrig): Wikipedia
- Fuath: Wikipedia
- Geamcanach ༆ ࿅: Wikipedia
- Gille Dubh (Ghillie Dhu) ࿅ : Wikipedia
- Glastig༆࿅: Wikipedia
- Leanan Sidhe ༆ ࿅: Wikipedia
- Leprechaun (Clurichaun) ࿅: Wikipedia, Wikipedia
- Pooka༆: Eyr (Limited to three approved shifts from this page, and a shapeshifter application must be filled out showing all of the shifts.)
- Sluagh: Wikipedia
- Bullywug ༅༄: Dungeons & Dragons
- Couatl ༀ (feathered serpent): D&D 3.5
- Gnoll ༅: Forgotten Realms (avatar requires admin approval before play)
- Approved Avatars:
- Gryphon: Wikipedia
- Kitsune ༅: Mysts of Eyr
- Hobbit: Wikipedia
- Kuo Toa ༅ ༄: Wikipedia
- Lizardfolk ༀ ༅: Mysts of Eyr
- Naga ༀ / Aquatic Naga / Gorgon ༄ ༀ: (human upper, snake lower) Mysts of Eyr
- Sahuagin ༄: Forgotten Realms
- Vishkanaya: Pathfinder
- Wargs ༅: (non-verbal only, ie growls and actions)
- Wyvern: Forgotten Realms (note only FR wiki Wyverns allowed, ie no breath weapons ect)
See bullet points for what kinds of half-breeds are possible. Half-breeds may only be made up of one other race; no half-human-orc-celestials for example.
Half-Genie: Mysts of Eyr
Half-Dwarf Mysts of Eyr
Half-Elf ༆: Mysts of Eyr
- Greenskin (Orcs only)
Half-Greenskin ༆: Mysts of Eyr
- Human (Orcs only)
- Elf (Orcs and Trolls only)
Half-Halfling ༆: Mysts of Eyr
Half-Human ༆: Mysts of Eyr
- Mystfolk (approved subraces only ࿅)
Half-Merfolk ༆ ༄: Mysts of Eyr
Half-Mystfolk ༆: Mysts of Eyr
Regarding beasts, we DO permit animals and sentient beasts! If you wish to play a dog, or a rabbit, or a wolf, deer, unicorn, bird, squid, etc. - with a REALISTIC avatar, that is sentient, that is permitted. Your ability to speak MUST be explainable, such as you were a human that had been "magicked" into an animal, or perhaps you can only communicate with animal speakers.
All Animals that are native to medieval Southeast Asia (no dinosaurs, moose or reindeer for example).
For species native to the lands of Eyr, check our Natural Resource List Under Wild Game.
The following animals are also accepted and will have needed to have arrived from the island of Aradia or other islands of archipeligo: Asp, Camel, Cattle, Cheetahs, Eagles, Horses, Giraffe, Hyenas, Lions, Mongoose, Warthog and Zebra
Animals not on this list are not pre-approved and need Admin review and approval before being able to be played at Mysts of Eyr or brought to Eyr as Pets/Mounts.